Specialised Animal Nutrition Pty Ltd (SAN) is the exclusive distributor of Oxbow Animal Health and Baraka Station products in Australia and New Zealand
Articles & Resources
Want to know how you can keep and care for your pet rabbit, guinea pigs or pet rat?
As the Australian Oxbow distributor, our mission is to help owners just like you, understand their pet’s nutritional needs. We provide education and articles discussing ways to keep small pets happy and healthy so that you can experience years of happy companionship with these gorgeous little creatures
Click on the following category links for general information on caring for and feeding your new pet.
Remember: If you have any concerns about your pet, we recommend you speak with your local vet.
How to Care for Your Pet Rabbit
- Caring for Your Rabbit
- 5 Things Your Bunny Wants You to Know
- Rabbit Nutrition
- Rabbit “Hairball” Prevention & Management
- How to Feed The Rabbit (Oryctolagus Cuniculus) Gastrointestinal Tract
How To Care For Your Pet Guinea Pigs
How To Care For Your Pet Rat
Hay & Fortified Food for Herbivores
Healthy, balanced food options should be available to your pet every day. Click on the links below and learn why hay and fortified foods are important components of your cherished pets daily specific nutritional needs.
- All About the Science Of Hay
- All About Fortified Foods
- Application of Hay Science
- All About Hay and Your Pets Health
Oxbow Animal Health Videos
Pets bring joy to people and in return they deserve to be well cared for, mentally stimulated, and properly fed. In everything we do, we strive to support the health and happiness of animals and their caretakers. Check out Oxbow’s educational videos and learn more on caring for your pets.
Critical Care® for Herbivores Information
Grass hay based, assisted feeding formula for convalescent small herbivores containing all the essential nutrients of a complete diet, as well as high-fibre Timothy hay to support proper gut physiology and digestion
- Critical Care for Herbivores – Frequently Asked Questions
- Critical Care for Herbivores – Information for Pet Owners
- Post-Operative Feeding of Small Herbivores In A Veterinary Setting
- Critical Care Fine Grind – Usage Instructions
Oxbow’s Critical Care® for Herbivores is now being very successfully used in a growing number of Australia’s native species – including macropods, possums, wombats and koalas.
In the library section below, you will find some of the information that has been collected to date from exotic vets and wildlife carers world-wide who use and recommend Oxbow’s Critical Care®.
We welcome any additional feedback and hope this page can continue to grow as a resource.
Please contact us if you are a registered wildlife rehabilitation group and would like to have access to the product.
- Using Critical Care® for Herbivores® In Australia Wildlife, Anne Fowler, Dvm
- Use Of Oxbow’s Critical Care® With Ringtail Possums, Beverley Young, Sydney Wildlife
- Using Critical Care® For Herbivores in Common Wombats, Anne Fowler, Dvm
- Cedar Creek Wombat Rescue – Case Study
- Product Experience, Kulnura Veterinary Clinic/Cedar Creek Wombat Rescue, Inc
- Oxbow Case Study #104 (4 Year Old Wallaby)